12.0 Release install media up for download - what about in-place updates?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Man, you guys are quick ;)

Give us a few more hours. Files are still being pushed / synced to CDNs. ISO's went first, upgrade files in progress right now. And yes, you'll be able to online update.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
:grin:

c77dk

Patron
"This is not a production release, and should only be used for testing." - should -RELEASE still say this? (this is from -RC1 to -RELEASE from webgui)

Alecmascot

Guru
"This is not a production release, and should only be used for testing." - should -RELEASE still say this? (this is from -RC1 to -RELEASE from webgui)
Absolutely...you have to wait till 12.0-U1 :smile:)

Installed and seems to be fine so far.

Last edited:

c77dk

Patron

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Absolutley...you have to wait till 12.0-U1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

But on a serious note, everyone should have a look at the release schedule and QA chart linked to by @c77dk above and consider where their use case and risk tolerance lies. My test-lab systems are both going to be going to 12.0-RELEASE as soon as it drops, because they were already on 12.0-RC1 due to "if something eats their data, I'm not going to be to broken up about it" but I've got systems that are still on the 11.1 train (and even one that's on 9.10-U2, because it's doing its job just fine there) and those will all likely have varying answers on when/if they upgrade.

If you're running "mission-critical" workloads, then absolutely let someone else go first. Preferably someone else with your identical hardware and use-case, or as close to it as you can get.

Last edited:

Alecmascot

Guru
Well it just broke my urbackup jail...sqlite issue :-((

Edit: probably nothing to do with 12-RELEASE. First reboot after other changes.....

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems

alex992

Explorer
updated from 12.0 RC to 12.0 Stable, reporting is not working, empty graph fields

Alecmascot

Guru

Alecmascot

Guru
Enter reporting from the dashboard and after a while everything is working.
Clear your cache.

alex992

Explorer
cannot open ticket, message from jira.ixsystems.com : Message: Only Developers/QE are allowed to create defects

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Sorry, it needs to be a "bug" ticket specifically, not defect.

jenksdrummer

Patron
FYI, for those following this thread relating to reports not working; change your theme. If you have it set, like I did, to iX Dark, reports don't work. Change it to another theme and it seems to work again. Haven't looked much beyond iX Blue, Dracula and Midnight.