[11.2-RC1] iocage jails resetting on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the Transmission plugin for downloading my favorite torrents. I set up Transmission with a mount point to the area that I store my downloads. I create a group in the jail that corresponds to the one I created that has write access to the downloads folder. I add this group to the user that the Transmission process runs as, this way Transmission can write. For privacy, I configured it to connect to the WAN through a VPN using OpenVPN. I also set up a firewall rule to only allow traffic over WAN if OpenVPN is running.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...g-up-transmission-with-openvpn-and-pia.24566/

Now that Everything is working, I find out that setting the default download location does not take. I get help online that describes how to shut down Transmission and change the download location in the settings.conf file in two places. This still wouldn't work, but then I found a comment on the forums that explains how he passed a command through iocage that forced the settings to take
iocage exec transmission sysrc "transmission_download_dir=/mnt/Storage/Media/Movies"
and it worked or at least I thought it did. I was alerted to the fact that Transmission had been using my home IP address when connecting to the WAN.

I realized that the jail is not connecting to the VPN so I checked that OpenVPN was running, which was not #ps. Then I tried starting it, but I got the error that the files needed to start it were not in the rc.d directory. So I try service openvpn onestart with the same result. Then I take notice that I may need to make sure that the files are there, so I run pkg install openvpn. But no package was found. I checked the spelling, then ran pkg update which return no new updates. Then I checked if the package was installed on the machine by running pkg info, Transmission is there but no OpenVPN.

Can someone please help me find out what went wrong and how I can accomplish my task? I realize that I could just rebuild the plugin, but that won't tell me what broke or how to prevent it from happening again.

The problem is that even if I try to rebuild it, openvpn isn't available to install using pkg. I can't rebuild it. The terminal returns back that no package matching was found. How do I get it back?

marxtinus2

Cadet
Same question here can't install OpenVPN in Iocage. not found in repo... same with nano and lynx. Well can't install anything in iocage. And btw wget is not installed...
I'm running freenas 11,2

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

The problem is that even if I try to rebuild it, openvpn isn't available to install using pkg. I can't rebuild it. The terminal returns back that no package matching was found. How do I get it back?

You can try building the port instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.