11.2 RC-1 hangs at "Trying to mount root"

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinking12many

Contributor
Just upgraded to RC1 and it hangs at the point "Trying to mount root" during boot no error etc. I remember with Beta 3 there was a note that mirrored boot drives had an issue, I saw a note somewhere that this was supposed to be fixed in RC1 so I dont know if the fact mine are mirrored USB drives is causing the problem cause I didn't see anything in the release notes saying it was fixed unless I missed it. Does anyone know or can point out in the notes if mirrored boot drives are still an issue or if it was fixed?

Thanks

UPDATE: I turned on verbose logging on boot and then I get "Error updating a read-only database" or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Just upgraded to RC1 and it hangs at the point "Trying to mount root" during boot no error etc. I remember with Beta 3 there was a note that mirrored boot drives had an issue, I saw a note somewhere that this was supposed to be fixed in RC1 so I don't know if the fact mine are mirrored USB drives is causing the problem cause I didn't see anything in the release notes saying it was fixed unless I missed it. Does anyone know or can point out in the notes if mirrored boot drives are still an issue or if it was fixed?

Thanks

UPDATE: I turned on verbose logging on boot and then I get "Error updating a read-only database" or something to that effect.
Create a support ticket so the developers can look into it. It is a RC "Release Candidate" which means it still has bugs and they need to know so they can fix it.

drinking12many

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.