11.2 permissions for plugins+samba

par

Explorer
What is the simplest way to configure permissions for 11.2? I tried a few things out in RC2 and it was trickier than expected.

I will have multiple plugins, multiple jails, and multiple SMB shares all pointed at the same media with combinations of read-only as well as read/write.

Should I simply make some sort of media group and manually add each jail user to it? And anything read-only just set the mount point as such?

There does not seem to be a built in way to get plugins+samba working together. When I tested it I ran into issues.

If someone could explain for me simply and for 11.2 how to achieve this I would appreciate it. Please do not link me to the thread with the 4 options that was written years ago and does not apply to 11.2.

pschatz100

Guru
When you add storage to your jails, you can mount the directories as read-only or read-write. Will that give you enough control? It would be simple and you won't have to mess around with groups and group permissions.

RSVP

Explorer
This worked for sonarr and radarr , but not on emby. This is literally what i used for Sonarr. sho have to replace sonarr, media , and 816 with what you want.
pw groupadd -n media -g 816
pw useradd -n media -u 816 -g 816 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin

service sonarr onestop
chown -R media:media /usr/local/share/sonarr
chown -R media:media /usr/local/sonarr
sysrc 'sonarr_user=media'
service sonarr start
v