11.2 - Jails and Plugins stuck on "Please Wait" after activating

bizarro181

Cadet
I just updated to 11.2 from...9.0.1 (or something, I forgot where I started out at) either way, quite a few updates in a row. Anyway, I was able to fix a few things and get old plugins and jails up and running through the legacy interface, however the new interface is giving me trouble. For both Plugins and Jails when I go to those pages I am prompted to "Choose a Pool or dataset for storage" - only "volume1" is available - I select that and click activate and nothing I'm stuck at a spinner and "please wait" until I refresh the page

dcmleung

Cadet
I'm seeing the same... Existing plugins working fine but feel it'd be good to migrate to iocage.

I ran into the same issue yesterday on a fresh install of 11.2-U1. I have one zfs volume (also previously from 9.1 & not upgraded yet). I wonder if there is some dependency on upgrading the zfs pool for the UI?

I was able to get started by running ‘iocage activate my_vol_name’ and iocage fetch -r 11.2-RELEASE’. Even though I’ve created a jail the UI is still stuck on the spinner.

@dcmleung @bizarro181 do you have a bug number?

dcmleung

Cadet
I received the update for 11.2-U1 and proceeded with it. Not sure whether it was U1 or the reboot, but when I revisited Plugins and Jails, both were activated already. :rolleyes:

neo_

Dabbler
I just upgraded from 11.1-U7 to 11.2-RELEASE and I am having this identical issue.

I did not change anything. For what it's worth, problems persists before & after upgrading to the newly available ZFS flags in 11.2-FINAL

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Problem Fixed
Upgrading 11.2-RELEASE to 11.2-U2 fixed the problem.
Perhaps a simple reboot after activating the dataset would have also fixed it.

Last edited: