11.2-BETA3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwck

Patron
I am looking forward for this. It should come out today at somepoint, i'll switch as soon as its available, hope others will report here

SavageAUS

Patron
Will do as soon as it’s available.

Zwck

Patron
Manifest could not be found!: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./freenasUI/system/views.py", line 1696, in update_check
train=updateobj.get_train(),
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Update.py", line 845, in CheckForUpdates
raise UpdateManifestNotFound("Manifest could not be found!")
freenasOS.Exceptions.UpdateManifestNotFound: Manifest could not be found!

console said signiture verification failed

I cant update

ryanakata

Explorer
Everything works on the update, except my VMs no longer have network connectivity and crash after a couple of minutes. Moved PiHole over to a Pi and am running UniFi on Windows until I have time to look into it.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Was able to update my 11.2-BETA2 box through the GUI with no problem, but then reset to factory defaults anyway. When did root's default shell become zsh? Not complaining, but I didn't remember seeing that anywhere...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There was a bit of a discussion on the bug tracker about that a few months ago.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
After update to BETA3 my Ubuntu VM lost it's network connection. I don't have the time to properly analyze this right now, so I rebooted into BETA2 to restore service.
Oddly enough all the FreeBSD VMs ran fine.

I'll report my findings once I get to that.
Patrick

SavageAUS

Patron
Update went smooth for me but some of the settings in my iocage jails were removed like allow raw sockets and vnet was turned off, just little things but annoying. Is vnet still required for iocage jails as I can’t get transmission to download anything no matter what I try. With vnet on or off and setting igb0 as the interface. Do we still need the tunables from previous beta?
Other jails aren’t working correctly either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
A bit off topic but I've successfully upgraded my jails from 11.1 p6, to 11.2 p2

Code:
iocage upgrade -r 11.2-RELEASE Plex2

kSwoceE.png

KrisBee

Wizard
After update to BETA3 my Ubuntu VM lost it's network connection. I don't have the time to properly analyze this right now, so I rebooted into BETA2 to restore service.
Oddly enough all the FreeBSD VMs ran fine.

I'll report my findings once I get to that.
Patrick

It's a consequence of the new VM "device order" scheme. If the NIC device gets attached to a different slot when bhyve is envoked the "Predictable Interface Name" changes. So you have to re-configure your VM, or by trial and error/guess the device slot mapping the new scheme uses. Seems par for the course for FreeNAS development.

SavageAUS

Patron
Is there a way to restore a factory default config from the CLI? I have tried via the new GUI and it reboots but stays unchanged and in the legacy UI it says an error has occurred and i would prefer to just revert to factory than a fresh install if possible.

danb35

Hall of Famer

SavageAUS

Patron
"Restore factory defaults" from the console menu?
Duh, i forgot about that. Trying now.

How long should it take as it seems to be hung?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I didn't do mine from the console, so I can't say for sure. I think it acts like an upgrade--loads a default config, reboots to activate it, reboots again--so it may take a few minutes, but I wouldn't expect it to look like it's hung at the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.