10G NIC Drivers for Supermicro X11SPH-NCTF Motherboard Socket P LGA-3647

Selassie

Dabbler
I have the above named motherboard with with an Intel XEON Silver 4114 processor and in the process of completing my build of a Freenas server 11.2. However one of the 10G NIC's is not recognized by my switch DlinkDXS-1210-10TS. Searching the forums I have seen that others have had a similar problem with this board and received support from SuperMicro who sent them an updated NIC EPROM. I requested the same from Supermicro but they asked me to first update the NIC with latest drivers for FreeBSD from their web site.

I have downloaded the drivers from here, https://www.supermicro.com/wftp/driver/LAN/Intel/PRO_v23.5.2.zip
the instructions indicate the following for Linux and FreeBSD
1. Compile the drivers module
2. Install the module using the modprobe command
3. Assign an IP address using the ifconfig command

I'm sorry but my knowledge of systems does not stretch that far. My question is, is this the only way to make this update or can anyone give me some more specific instructions on how to do this.

D

dlavigne

What is the name of the driver shown in ifconfig? Which version of FreeNAS?

Selassie

Dabbler
What is the name of the driver shown in ifconfig? Which version of FreeNAS?
I have attached a screenshot as i do not see the name of the driver. my freenas version is FreeNAS-11.2-U5 .
IMG_9594.jpeg
IMG_9594.jpeg

D

dlavigne

Thanks. The name of the driver is xl.

Please create a feature request at bugs.ixsystems.com so that the driver can be updated and post the issue number here.