10 Gb NIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveES

Cadet
Hello All !
I've been using freenas for a about three years, ... and knock on wood with out issue. Currently I'm using a X10SLM+-LN4F Supermicro Mobo with the 4 NICs bonded. I want to move the nas to a 10 Gb switch where the servers connect. All servers are using the 10Gb HP two port 530T NIC. Are these NICs compatible with freenas and if not what is?

Thanks

kdragon75

Wizard
I'm fairly sure that's an Intel card and it should be supported. If you want a budeget option, look on fleabay for the Mellanox Connectx 2 cards. The only catch is that there SFP+ but the mods aren't that bad second hand as long as its not Cisco :D

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It is possible that the HP card you linked to is using an Intel chipset which would make it fully compatible too, but I didn't find a quick answer to that.

I think the HP cards are really Mellanox ones, or at least they were a couple of years ago when I was trying to do that. At the time (FreeNAS 9.1) really didn't like the Mellanox cards. I think there is a driver for that now, but I have never used it for FreeNAS/FreeBSD. They worked ok with ESXi.

Status
Not open for further replies.