Hello from Oklahoma!

nvelders

Cadet
My name is Nathan, and I teach Elementary Music during the day, and dabble in all things tech in the evenings (hardware, software, networking, home music recording, etc.). I deployed my first TrueNAS server for home use a few weeks ago and have been loving it so far! I am new to FreeNAS/TrueNAS/FreeBSD and am looking to learn a lot. Using TrueNAS has been pretty painless so far (except for Samba sharing with Ubuntu, but I think it may be bug related with a fix coming in the next release). I have already had a lot of fun planning out my build from parts I got relatively cheaply (aside from new drives and a case). I look forward reading posts regularly, and in coming here for answers!

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for being a teacher, especially in these trying times.

Both my folks were teachers, and my dad, retired now for several decades, was a music teacher for elementary, middle, and high school. It's not an easy job, and not everyone appreciates the immense value of and impact that our teachers have on the next generation.

Enjoy the forums.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Welcome to the forums. I hope you do learn a lot from the folks here. Please read the forums and when you do have questions, look in the User Guide and do an internet search for key words like "truenas freenas my problem or error message", you will find out a lot that way. If none of that works, post a forum question and be as detailed as you can, we will try to provide you with a good answer.

nvelders

Cadet
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for being a teacher, especially in these trying times.

Both my folks were teachers, and my dad, retired now for several decades, was a music teacher for elementary, middle, and high school. It's not an easy job, and not everyone appreciates the immense value of and impact that our teachers have on the next generation.

Enjoy the forums.
Thank you so much for your appreciation! It certainly hasn't been easy to teach this year, but times like these don't last forever. We'll bounce back and be stronger for it.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you do learn a lot from the folks here. Please read the forums and when you do have questions, look in the User Guide and do an internet search for key words like "truenas freenas my problem or error message", you will find out a lot that way. If none of that works, post a forum question and be as detailed as you can, we will try to provide you with a good answer.

Thanks for the tip. I have actually been searching the forums for a couple of weeks now. It has answered many of my questions already. I though I should make an account if this will be a place I frequent.