Zpool Upgrade???

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkeshaw

Cadet
I get this message after upgrading to 8.3 Beta.

WARNING: The volume mine (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format. The pool can still be used, but some features are unavailable.Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done, the pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.

So how does one do a 'zpool upgrade'? I have looked all over the console trying to find the right button. I have three 3 Terabyte drives configured in RAID Z. I really like the 8.3 because it eliminated some other problems I was having. I don't want to go back.

ProtoSD

MVP
Guess you didn't read the release notes..... can only be done from the console.

clarkeshaw

Cadet
Actually I read the release notes. And I read them twice more looking. Then I went looking for a solution and found someone a whole lot more friendly than you who helped me out. Funny, I thought this was supposed to be a HELP forum, not a sniping range.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
learnz2readz the release notes. I'm still waiting for the notes to have a comment about some killer bug that is something like 'turn off CIFS during upgrade or you'll lose your zpool'. I'd bet in the following 30 days we'd weed out all the people that don't read before they leap.

ProtoSD

MVP
Actually I read the release notes. And I read them twice more looking. Then I went looking for a solution and found someone a whole lot more friendly than you who helped me out. Funny, I thought this was supposed to be a HELP forum, not a sniping range.

I wasn't trying to snipe or be unhelpful, this info was included in the announcement for 8.3, which I thought was part of the release notes:

http://forums.freenas.org/showthrea...A3-now-available&p=38624&viewfull=1#post38624

Seems to me like you're the one sniping. If you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.