ZFS replication question

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ElPatron

Hi all,

I´ve got a problem setting up ZFS replication. I tried to follow the steps documentated it the wiki (http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Replication_Tasks), but there seems to be a problem with the ssh-based authentication.

I extracted the key from LOCAL via 'cat /data/ssh/replication.pub' and got somethin like this:

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDamPgCyLIqHz82OMp3RCDZGS4TSpuTYg3gdU1irChqVJU5XYz36FwfuL4Cx4ezqS+NZAr/wzzuEVgPQyHBwZZjpyOazVEpJ+EzJfJ3duy2Zemk0V3KM86WAS0VwS2DsaK8ZQn3W7WliAb3Wkd3WG0VY0Ls6XXSO9h3doDzPwEABW/3SGjP1rIbxUP3D8JPLZ8oR1EUjV1ugD61KvJ9Lfcvk2OaBqs+ECjI9NIcNZ3n1jIGGiSVTdWZ2/mVymM4miWOzteX5RxaXHxER0e6qrpz/MbsKBmM2g8pPIlGLYkt9rVEWTJMV+aMNRmAhVXzpMaWMwRDW78JjO3TJMhw+I3h Key for replication

Then I pasted the key to 'authorized_keys' on the REMOTE system. But if I try to connect via ssh from LOCAL to REMOTE ('ssh -i /data/ssh/replication 192.168.0.71') the console on the REMOTE system says:

sshd: error: buffer_get_string_ret: cannot extract length
sshd: error: key_from_blob: can´t read key type
sshd: error: key_read: key_from_blob_failed
sshd: error: buffer_get_ret: trying to get more bytes 4 than in buffer 0

What wrent wrong? Thanks for any hints in advance,

Markus

E

ElPatron

This thread is obsolete. I made a mistake transfering the Public key from remote to local. Transfer via SCP helped.

Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.