yesterday snapshot exposed as RO

JoeAtWork

Contributor
Hi,

I have hourly snapshots of a NFS v3 share for VMware. The NFS store holds ISO images. I want a Yesterday NFS share that is read only so that if someone deletes an ISO they can go to the yesterday one and copy it back to the RWXD NFS share.

Are there any example scripts for snapshots?

*) un-share old NFS clone
*) delete stale clone
*) create new clone from yesterday snapshot(fnvol253/vmware70/nfs-rw/3@auto-2022-04-11_12-00)
*) share new NFS clone ad RO

Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks,
Joe

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
There is a hidden feature to reach snapshots over a share. If you browse to the root of the share, and go into the hidden ".zfs/" sub-directory, you should get a listing of all the snapshots within there, and can pull out the RO copies of files.

JoeAtWork

Contributor
There is a hidden feature to reach snapshots over a share. If you browse to the root of the share, and go into the hidden ".zfs/" sub-directory, you should get a listing of all the snapshots within there, and can pull out the RO copies of files.

I will test with a symlink to the area and then share that, so I update the synmlink daily to the new snapshot.

JoeAtWork

Contributor
I could not make a ln -s or ln to the snapshot folder even with the property "snapdir=visible"

Am i missing something? I can browse into the .zfs folder via ssh but not export any folder as I get the error "The path does not exist". This is with TrueNAS 12.0-U8.

ls /mnt/fnvol253/vmware70/nfs-rw/3/.zfs/snapshot/auto-2022-04-13_07-00