XMBC4XBOX Auth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahne

Dabbler
hello,

I have set up a freenas 8.02 BETA2x86.

I can access the NAS and Drives on a Vista laptop and a Win7 Desktop and access media files on both without problems. I can upload and rename and create as well.

however.. when trying to connect with my xbox1 via xbmc4xbox I get prompted with login when i try to access a drive.

I have created a xbox-xbox user and have tried switching CIFS to local user as well as anon..

I have also tried setting usr&group owner to xbox and still no cigar.

I can see the NAS and I get a list of the drives.

I believe i have tried all sorts of permission configurations, but maybe I missed something.

sorry if this topic is somewhere else in the forum already I couldnt find anything relevant in my searches.

bahne

Dabbler
hmm seems if I turn on local user on CIFS i cannot log in with any user account from neither laptop vista or desktop win7. So maybe the problem is generally regarding autherization, I think Xbox xbmc needs to login in with xbox xbox and wont do it anon so even if i set CFIS to anon i still need to authorize on the xbox and if i have a general setup error pertaining to smb auth that would be the source of my problem for accessing with the xbox.

bahne

Dabbler
scratch it... total newb...

I had not quite gotten the grasp of the "allow hosts" field, if I include a LAN IP in this field that IP can log in with a usr account to that CIF share. Ontop of that I had included what I thought was all my LANIPs to begin with except that I remembered wrong on the XBOX IP. Include the xbox ip and it can now access files and include ip for my laptop and that can now acces with user login.

Status
Not open for further replies.