Xcopy Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpellet

Patron
I use a script from Windows for daily backup and recently migrated from v 7 to 804 then 82. With this change, I've noted my script does not work correctly. A typical line of the script is as follows:

xcopy d:\text\*.* \\Freenas\BOD\text\*.* /a /s /c /i /y

This copies all of the files in d:\text but when attempting to copy files in subdirectories, it returns an error message that it is unable to create the directory and access is denied. Note the directories are existing & I am trying to update contents. This worked correctly in v 7.

Here is the error message.

Access denied
Unable to create directory - \\Freenas\BOD\text\work

If I xcopy just the files in a single directory, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

jlpellet

Patron
CIFS Access/Permission Follow Up

I think that this may be due to an attribute/ permission issue. The directories are marked read-only and I can not change the attribute from Windows. I note others are continuing to have problems with permissions for CIFS shares from Windows. I'll look at how to reset attributes from the shell CLI.

Xcopy Access Denied
I use a script from Windows for daily backup and recently migrated from v 7 to 804 then 82. With this change, I've noted my script does not work correctly. A typical line of the script is as follows:

xcopy d:\text\*.* \\Freenas\BOD\text\*.* /a /s /c /i /y

This copies all of the files in d:\text but when attempting to copy files in subdirectories, it returns an error message that it is unable to create the directory and access is denied. Note the directories are existing & I am trying to update contents. This worked correctly in v 7.

Here is the error message.

Access denied
Unable to create directory - \\Freenas\BOD\text\work

jlpellet

Patron
Changing CIFS from anonymous to local access appears to have resolved the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.