robocopy permission error on CIFS share

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyb15

Cadet
Hello all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm running freeNAS version 9.3-Stable and it has been great the last year. Currently I am having a problem trying to get robocopy (or xcopy) to work from windows 7 machines. robocopy is being run with admin rights, and the CIFS share has been mapped in windows, but I always get access denied. I can create and delete files on the share in windows explorer no problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm running freeNAS version 9.3-Stable and it has been great the last year. Currently I am having a problem trying to get robocopy (or xcopy) to work from windows 7 machines. robocopy is being run with admin rights, and the CIFS share has been mapped in windows, but I always get access denied. I can create and delete files on the share in windows explorer no problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Perhaps try running robocopy without admin rights?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Yeah, i tried that too, same thing....

I think your best bet is to do the following:
1) verify that robocopy is using the correct user account. There are several ways of doing this - "smbstatus", increasing logging on samba, increasing logging in robocopy.
2) verify that you're not asking robocopy to do something that it doesn't have permissions to do. Use "getfacl" to view permissions on your share, and each branch of the file tree leading to the destination folder. Post robocopy command while you're at it.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
1) verify that robocopy is using the correct user account. There are several ways of doing this - "smbstatus", increasing logging on samba, increasing logging in robocopy.
+1 to this... You have mapped the drive using different credentials and that is in your current User Profile. So when you are running RoboCopy with "Admin Rights" that is not leveraging your current user mappings.

Also, as asked what are the exact switches are you using with RoboCopy (/MIR) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.