Windows 7, Synctoys, Robocopy, Xcopy issue with Freenas 8.04 Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucozade

Cadet
I'm considering taking a step back to an older version of Freenas as I'm sure I didn't have this problem till recent.

From Windows Explorer on my FREENAS CIFS share I can create directories and files and delete them without problem.

However, using Xcopy, Robocopy or Synctoys gives me errors.

All I want to do is automate a backup of a folder from Windows 7 to the NAS on a nightly basis.

This used to work but I've only just noticed the backups are failing with Synctoys "ERROR ACCESS DENIED" and I'm not sure which Freenas version was stable now that I've gone through about 3 upgrades in a short period of time.

I've tried all the varies settings with the CIFS share and CIFS service but nothing appears to make a difference.

Has anybody managed this with 8.04?

antony06

Cadet
I think we have the same error. I have posted "How can a domain machine "network service" access a cifs share on Freenas 8.0.3 ?"
Follow it because I think we need the same answer.

lucozade

Cadet
not sure if this is the resolution to my problem, but I've done it and it working for now!

The CIFS service has been changed to a Guest account of "daemon" and the CIFS share i've setup a specific user "cifsuser".

But I do seem to remember not doing anything and it worked fine so I suspect we are talking about a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.