Windows Share Issue since last update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last update to FreeNAS-9.10.2-U2 (e1497f2) in Mar-08-2017, the windows share stopped to log-in via local authentication. Any account gets refused, but testing the accounts via SSH logins correctly. I've created others accounts with a home directory so I can login via SSH.
But if I activate a former boot environment, such as 9.10.2-U1 ou earlier, the windows share accepts login from my local accounts (including the one I've created with a home directory) and works perfectly.

Rebooting again with the FreeNAS-9.10.2-U2 (e1497f2) boot environment, it stops accepting my local authentication from any account.

Trying to setup unauthenticated access, it works IF I set username to nobody and gives no password to the prompt that shows (I think that if we've setup guest access, such request should never show up!)

My fstab didn't have sec=ntlm and mounts from my Windows 10 notebook does get refused login in that last update, but works perfectly when I reboot FreeNAS to a older 9.10.2-U1 boot environment.

Last edited:
This update, updated samba to a new version. THIS post details the issue, and fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.