windows file access denied in windows 10 after a default reset and importing all pools

gus4b

Dabbler
hello i installed bluefin update and created some pools all working ok i had issues with a network card so i reset the system do default.

after importing the pools with success and creating the same name user and password and smb share, i got the message in windows explorer file access denied... i can enter all sub directories but i cannot copy or read in or out or execute of the pool... attaching my user config and windows error

Attachments

• file access denied user.png
    file access denied user.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 66
  • file access denied.png
    file access denied.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 66

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
creating the same name user and password
Same username does not guarantee same UID number. Filesystem access checks in pretty much every operating system (Windows, Mac, FreeBSD, etc) is based on some form of ID. The username is basically just a convenient shorthand for us humans (from a certain point of view). So you need to either (1) figure out what UID(s) your users used to have and create new users with the same or (2) redo your permissions.

gus4b

Dabbler
Same username does not guarantee same UID number. Filesystem access checks in pretty much every operating system (Windows, Mac, FreeBSD, etc) is based on some form of ID. The username is basically just a convenient shorthand for us humans (from a certain point of view). So you need to either (1) figure out what UID(s) your users used to have and create new users with the same or (2) redo your permissions.
thanks for the explanation, if possible, show me how do i redo my permisions for the imported pools?