Windows attempting to connect to FreeNAS NFS share crashes the box completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krispy101

Cadet
Hello folks!

I'm having a bit of an issue here that I've been working with all day, to no avail, and so I figured it'd be a good idea to post here for help!

Essentially I can connect to the NFS share on all of my linux/mac boxes in the house using the command in the terminal:

mount 192.168.0.13:/mnt/NAS /mnt/mountpointhere

And I've now been trying to configure it for my windows boxes. However, there is a slight issue when it comes to as FreeNAS throws up a horrible error message (Photo attached)

I use the commands:

showmount -e 192.168.0.13 to list the share (/mnt/NAS) and it's listed, albeit only with the IP 192.168.0.0.

In my FreeNAS settings, I have tried setting it to the entire submask as it was previously (192.168.0.0/24) or entering all 25 IP's individually. Both of the times access isn't affected to my linux/mac boxes, but Windows still refuses to mount it.

I then use the command:

mount 192.168.0.13:/mnt/NAS Z:

and the command prompt locks up, when I wire a screen up to my FreeNAS box, I'm greeted to this:

VY1cc.jpg

I've tried with -o nolock and without it, I've also tried assigning different drive letters to it, still to no avail.

Any suggestions folks? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Kris

[I would also like to apologise for the Facebook connection, I hadn't recieved an activation email after waiting an hour!]

RobKamp

Dabbler
Same here! With FreeNAS 8.2 Beta 4.

lickyhippy

Cadet
Exactly the same issue here as well, running FreeNAS-x86-RC1. The share is configured as /mnt/storage (main pool) at 10.0.0.0/24.

I've used two windows 7 machines to map a network drive with 10.0.0.34:/mnt/storage and as soon as the command is run, the page fault appears.

This is the first time I've set up a nfs share in FreeNAS 8, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this issue deserves a bug report.

Addendum: I was using the windows machines to test if the nfs share was working correctly before I added it to my fstab on a raspbery pi. I'll try to mount it using the pi - from what I've read above, it should work.

JensDoe

Cadet
You can add me to the list: Two identical PCs have this issue (8.2 RC1 x64). iSCSI works flawless on both boxes. RAM tested many hours with no error.

Today I set up FreeNAS 8.2 RC1 x86 inside a XenServer. Without paravirtualising the guest I had the fatal trap 12 (in NLM: master), but with a xen-enabled kernel (build inside FreeBSD 8.2 x86) I was able to mount the NFS share.

If I can provide more information, please post here and on Monday I will try to answer all questions. And add the specs from my two failing boxes.

geister

Cadet
Unfortunately, add me on that list also.

There is a mix of computers in my network, including macs, linux and windows boxes. Windows 7 ultimate is the only box that brings FreeNas down with an error similar to the one above.
This error is trigger by an attempt to connect to the nfs share, either thru command line or windows "map network drive" option.

Attachments

• crash_screen.jpg
    crash_screen.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 282

jhahn

Cadet
I have the same issue if i run the command:

mount_smbfs -N -I 192.168.2.250 //admin@server/DocBox /media/docbox

I used 8.2.0-Release-p1 and must go back to 8.04.

Attachments

• kernel_trap.jpg
    kernel_trap.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 273

lickyhippy

Cadet
I highly suggest you try out FreeNAS-8.3.0-ALPHA-r11944-x86 (that's the build I am using, there are newer ones which you would use). There is more information where to get this build in the support ticket above.

It appears to be fixed in these builds. Hopefully there's a patch for 8.2.0.

p.s. 8.3.0Alpha has a new ZFS version, if that tempts you. It also seems very stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.