Win 10 VM won't start after migration to TrueNas

jag131990

Explorer
Hi Team,

My windows 10 VM will not start following upgrade to TrueNas, I was previously on latest stable FreeNas issue 11.3.

The error I receive is 'KeyError' with details per below. It is looking fairly cryptic...

I hope someone can assist? Thanks

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1202, in _call
return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1106, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 977, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 1533, in start
self.vms[vm['name']].start(vm_data=vm)
KeyError: 'Win10Pro'

jasonsansone

Explorer
What is the "Disk sector size" for the disk device? Check under the VM devices tab. I was able to boot Windows VM's in UEFI that had a sector size of 4096 on 11.3 and all development releases of 12 (up through RC1) but it broke in RELEASE. Cloning the disk with a LiveCD boot ISO to a new Zvol with 512 Disk Sector Size allowed my Windows 10 VM's to return to normal on 12-RELEASE.