Will it need BIOS update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Dabbler
My motherboard of choice for my FreeNAS build is a Supermicro X9SCM-F-O as recommended by many in the forum. I searched the forum looking for if I will need to update the BIOS or leave it alone. I got a little confuse and I just need an expert familiar with this board to point me in the right direction. I will be installing a Xeon E3-1240V2 and will also like to know if this CPU will be suitable for this build which will have a zpool of four 2tb drives and one 1.5 tb jail for plex? I am intending to also maximize the board memory to be on the safe side. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

m0nkey_

MVP
Most manufacturers typically only advise upgrading if it fixes a bug you're experiencing or enhances/enables a feature you need to use, otherwise it's usually okay to leave it as it is.

Romulus

Dabbler
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I did read that on the supermicro website, but since this is my first build, I am trying to fully understand what I am getting into prior setup in case troubleshooting is required. I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.