Why no openstack swift in GUI Cloud Credentials but is in CLI?

jack.l

Cadet
Hello,

Is there a reason why Openstack Swift swift isn't an option as a cloud service in the Cloud Credentials section of the GUI but Openstack Swift is listed when the following command to list rclone's available backends is run from shell?
Code:
rclone help backends

I mainly ask in case there is an issue I'm not aware of as I intend to set up a rclone to Openstack Swift sync with the CLI. I searched around a bit and only found a few feature requests to add Openstack Swift to the GUI.

jro

iXsystems
iXsystems
I'm not sure if changes to rclone's config made via CLI would persist through a reboot. Try setting up the credentials, give you system a reboot, and see if they're still there when it comes back online. If they're there, I don't see any reason why you couldn't run it all through the CLI while the frontend for it is in development.

If the changes don't persist, create a jail and run things in there. You might also want to run an updated version of rclone in the jail; the version baked into FN 11.2-U4.1 is v1.44. The current version (as of this post) is v1.46. Rclone's development cycle is really quick and they're adding cool new stuff all the time.

jack.l

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.

I had intended to use a jail as CLI changes aren't persistent but found it strange that FreeNAS CLI rclone states Openstack Swift as supported. So I wondered if there was an issue with using Openstack Swift that I wasn't aware of. Although I imagine that there is no issue as hubiC in the GUI is supported and uses Openstack Swift object storage but better safe than sorry!

The idea of trying to add the credentials and see if they persist is interesting, however I'd be a bit concerned about what happens to the config after a FN update.