Which Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Any markings on the individual RAM chips on the Crucial modules to indicate the manufacturer and part number? I am thinking that a major reason Supermicro recommends only Hynix and Samsung is that those module manufacturers use their own chips that have passed their own quality control standards -- whereas Kingston certainly and Crucial perhaps use other manufacturer's chips over the quality of which they have no control.

Now they also have Micron (a.k.a. Crucial) on their list. Micron makes its own memory (DRAM, Flash is a joint-venture with Intel).

Z300M

Guru
Now they also have Micron (a.k.a. Crucial) on their list. Micron makes its own memory (DRAM, Flash is a joint-venture with Intel).
But only for the 1.35v modules. For 1.5v modules I still see just the old Hynix and Samsung ones.

Kuro Houou

Contributor
Any markings on the individual RAM chips on the Crucial modules to indicate the manufacturer and part number? I am thinking that a major reason Supermicro recommends only Hynix and Samsung is that those module manufacturers use their own chips that have passed their own quality control standards -- whereas Kingston certainly and Crucial perhaps use other manufacturer's chips over the quality of which they have no control.

Sorry it took so long, shutdown my NAS and pulled a stick out. Here is the part number I found. From Micron, mt18ksf1g72az-1g6e1zf. Looks very like almost the exact same part number that Supermicro lists as supported, MT18KSF1G72AZ-1G6E1 not sure what the zf at the end means though.. thats the only difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.