Which Mellanox are supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdas

Dabbler
I looked at the freeBSD hardware list and it is dated, is there a list for trueNAS?

veglasagna

Cadet
Just following up on this thead, I got the "Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT CX311A 10Gb SFP+ ConnectX-3". The vendor I bought it from updated the firmware to 2.24.5000, which was whatever the most up-to-date firmware was.

After I installed the card and rebooted into TrueNAS Core (version 13.0-U4), the card was immediately recognized without any special configuration. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't not have to setup any "tunables". I installed it 3 weeks ago, and it has been working without any issues. The media subtype appears as "10Gbase-CX4".

jgreco

Resident Grinch
the card was immediately recognized without any special configuration.

This is the usual problem with the Mellanox, which is that reconfiguration to ethernet mode or other stuff might be necessary. If you're willing to learn about all this stuff, they're reasonably decent cards. I'd like this memo to be conspicuously obvious to readers of this thread, so I'm going to lock this at this point. Yes they're basically all supported, they may just turn into a headache of unexpected need to learn how to convert them from Infiniband to ethernet mode, etc., which is why I do not recommend them for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.