Which ebay US seller to buy LSI HBA card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumee

Explorer
Can somebody point me to a trusted ebay seller who sell authentic LSI card?

Thanks

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Here's an LSI 9211 from Garland Computers for $89.99. I've bought other gear from Garland, but not LSI cards.

Here's an IBM M1015 for $99 that I've been watching. Haven't bought from this seller, but they've sold 166 of the cards and have a 99.6% positive rating on 2826 feedback reviews, so I wouldn't be afraid to give 'em a chance.

I recently bought 2 of these Dell PERC H200 HBA cards from eStreamMicro. They're currently listed at $50 each, shipped. I got a better deal by making an offer on a pair of cards. The price is half of what you'll pay for an equivalent LSI or IBM M1015. Just like the LSI and M1015 cards, they're easy to flash to the 9211 IT mode firmware suitable for use with FreeNAS.

Good luck!

Here's an LSI 9211 from Garland Computers for $89.99. I've bought other gear from Garland, but not LSI cards.

Here's an IBM M1015 for $99 that I've been watching. Haven't bought from this seller, but they've sold 166 of the cards and have a 99.6% positive rating on 2826 feedback reviews, so I wouldn't be afraid to give 'em a chance.

I recently bought 2 of these Dell PERC H200 HBA cards from eStreamMicro. They're currently listed at $50 each, shipped. I got a better deal by making an offer on a pair of cards. The price is half of what you'll pay for an equivalent LSI or IBM M1015. Just like the LSI and M1015 cards, they're easy to flash to the 9211 IT mode firmware suitable for use with FreeNAS.

Good luck!

Really nothing that speaks for the card authenticity itself.

I've had good experiences buying used hardware from Garland computers.

Me too. It was different product but, good experience indeed.

trumee

Explorer

Good luck!
Thanks for the recommendations. Those Dell PERC 200 cards seem to be a good deal. They are literally half the price of m1015 cards. Is there any downside to these over the regular m1015 cards?

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Thanks for the recommendations. Those Dell PERC 200 cards seem to be a good deal. They are literally half the price of m1015 cards. Is there any downside to these over the regular m1015 cards?
You're welcome.

I haven't had my Dell H200s very long, but I've flashed them to P20 IT mode and used both of them to burn-in a batch of disks. So far, so good. They're functionally equivalent to the LSI 9211/9220 and IBM M1015 cards.

Our own @Mirfster has been kind enough to post everything you need to flash the H200 to version P20 of the IT firmware.

Black Ninja said:
Really nothing that speaks for the card authenticity itself.
Hard to speak to authenticity without examining the card. One hopes that buying from a reputable US-based seller minimizes the chances of getting a clone. :(

Hard to speak to authenticity without examining the card. One hopes that buying from a reputable US-based seller minimizes the chances of getting a clone. :(

I am afraid you are right. There isn't easy way to find out. Sometime I go for used card from a seller who is selling high quantity from a datacenter, with the hope it has less chance to be fake one, despite the fact that I can get a brand new one for the same price from ebay directly shipped from china. I could be wrong in my thinking, but I am doing it for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.