Where is my partition?! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arty

Cadet
Hi.

Something very strange just happened and I would like an advice from some advanced freenas user before I do something irreversible. I had 4 HDDs in my FreeNAS box and today I decided to add one more 250GB disk... everything went well, as usualy. But, since I'm starting to have too many disks to remember what data they hold, I changed the default Description for drive number 4. (under drive management). Added and formatted the new disk. Now I'm going to set the mount point for my new disk... and I saw something terrifying under mount point management:
/dev/da3p1 ufs devel
Error - Retry
This is the old disk with the new, changed description. When I open it up, it gives me the following error:

The following input errors were detected:
  • Wrong partition type or partition number.
So what happened to my partition and precious data? How do I get it back? Please help!

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Mount point management? Partitions? Sounds like you are on the wrong forums buddy.

What you describe sounds like nas4free which is what the old .7x versions were moved to.

Hint read the rules and guidelines of these forums for your answer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Arty

Cadet
Oh.. I see... Sorry, I didn't know they moved to new product name... obviously the server was running without an issue for really long time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.