When I enable CIFS FreeNAS freezes and cannot recover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new install of FreeNAS running as a VM inside Windows HyperV.
Everything is set up fine, I configure a public IP, web access works externally.

I then create a ZFS volume (I think thats right?) and that is created successfully.

When I create a windows share, it asks me if I want to enable CIFS, so I click yes, assuming that is the protocol I need? and then it takes me straight to the services screen and shows a progress icon next to CIFS indicating that it is being enabled, but this icon never goes away - and after this point, everything is frozen.

I cant access any other menu, and if I then reboot from Shell, the web interface is no longer available.

After this happened, the only way I could get back in was doing a factory reset from the console.

Any ideas?

D

dlavigne

I'm pretty sure there are still some missing bits of HyperV support missing from FreeNAS which may not be added until 10.0. Having said that, I see that there is a testing version available in the link at #3866. If you decide to give that version a try, let us know if it fixes the issue.

I have downloaded and installed the latest beta - 9.2.1 i beleive.
It installs fine, but when I try to assign ip to an interface, it says "saving interface configuration failed"
Thats not even as far as I was getting!

Status
Not open for further replies.