When are updates made to the supported/official qBittorent version?

jamolo

Cadet
I've recently gone through the process of setting up my FreeNAS box and a primary goal of this was to use it to manage some of my existing torrents.
The current version of qBitorrent in the official iXsystems collection is 4.1.9.1

This version is missing the ability to rename files/folders through the WebUI, which is a feature I am sorely missing. The feature has been added to the WebUI in version 4.2

Do we know when these officially supported plugins are updated?

bpl294

Cadet
I am also looking for the newer version of qbitorrent. It has been available on freshports.org since January 3rd and not updated in the UI.

Do we know when these officially supported plugins are updated?
Not frequently. A quarterly cycle, if that, for plugins is usually quoted around the forum.

Yorick

Wizard
Indeed. Look, if you are addicted to updates - and I get that, believe me, I’m jonesing so hard that I’m testing 12.0 nightlies - then you should use jails set to “latest” not “quarterly”. There are good script packages in the forum to make it easier to install all manner of apps as a bespoke jail.

For anything long lasting, I am a fan of “base” jails btw. It just makes sense to upgrade all jails to a newer FreeBSD package - not sure that’s the right word - when doing a FreeNAS upgrade, and have that “take” with one command for all.

If you're using the Community qBittorrent plugin, then you should be on version 4.2.3 if you've recently ran an update on the plugin.