Weird S.M.A.R.T. test issue

I have an offsite server that is on FreeNAS 11.3-U5. I haven't upgraded it to TrueNAS 12 as I find it useful to keep one server a release behind. Scrubs and S.M.A.R.T. tests are run regularly on the server and I'm emailed reports after these happen. Short and long S.M.A.R.T. tests are enabled on all SATA drives .e.g.

tn17.jpg

I just noticed from the latest report I received for this server, that there appears to be a problem running SMART tests on device ada4.

tn16a.jpg

Most of the disks in this server are over three years old, but as this server is used for offsite backup, I'm not too bothered.

Here's a more detailed report extract for ada4:

tn18.jpg

For comparison purposes, here's a report extract for ada3, a disk of a similar vintage.

tn19.jpg

The main difference appears to be in the LifeTime value. I'm not sure how to interpret this field?

I should also point out that this device is not is the usual drive bay of a HP Gen7 microserver, but uses a drive bay normally allocated for a CD/DVD writer.

tn20.jpg

I'm not sure if S.M.A.R.T. relies on h/w signalling in which case the issue could be due to a wiring issue in that bay?

Apart from the weird issue around S.M.A.R.T. tests, ada4 doesn't seem to be causing problems for the pool. Do I need to worry?