Weird issue... need to force FreeNAS traffic through one NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideal2545

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

So I have this Lenovo TS430 box that I've been using and its been great. I decided to pick up the 'lenovo thinkserver management module (67Y2624)' to enable KVM functionality. It pops onto the motherboard and KVM gets enabled. Great right?... NOT.

The KVM key dumbs down one of my NICs(EM1) to 10baseT and horrendously slows down my network speeds. I've tried forcing it back to 1000baseT but I can't because i get "Media change is blocked due to SOL/IDER session."... research tells me it has something to do with Intel AMT, but I have no bios options, no webgui options, nothing to disable or enable or modify how this works. Nothing! I suspect that there is some hacked up software infront of the AMT stuff Intel provides and gets totally screwed up. Either way... I don't need two nics and I'd like to actually keep using the KVM functionality because its really nice.

So what I need to do is force all my traffic through one NIC, in and out. Basically make the KVM network card just disappear from FreeNAS in someway but still be able to hit it when I need to use the KVM.

I thought this would be easy because I would just tell the computers on my network to use the IP address of the other NIC (EM0). Unfortunetly I still exhibit the same speed issues when I try to do that. The only thing that seems to work is if I literally unplug the cable that feeds into EM1(Bad NIC). Then all traffic routes through EM0 and I'm okay... but then I lose my KVM functionality.

Any help is appreciated it. This issue is completely driving me up a wall!

Thanks
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.