NIC Editing Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

klingon55

Dabbler
Hello All.

When I setup FreeNAS 9.1, and Configure the first network card for the correct IP all is fine and dandy, then I log into the web interface and configure the next 3, when doing so I lose network connectivity to the box over the first NIC, so I have to over kvm set the ip for the first nic any time I edit any other nic's to get network connectivity back, upon doing so sometimes the box will never start responding to ping again even with re-setting the igb0 nic IP via console not even wiping all network config through cli and re-setting up works, and a re-install is needed. When I finally got it setup I had 4 different ip's on the 4 different network cards, but all traffic goes through igb0 making the others just useless, and setting LACP up does not work as it is not pingable, and also requires the resetting of the first nic's IP.

Hardware
SUPERMICRO SSG-6047R-E1R24L 4U
2x E5-2660
8x Crucial 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

wblock

Documentation Engineer
9.1? Or 9.10?

nojohnny101

Wizard
So you are trying to configure 4 network cards for what reason? Are you trying to setup LAG? LACP? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do or accomplish.

Let's start there and then we can move forward.

klingon55

Dabbler
So you are trying to configure 4 network cards for what reason? Are you trying to setup LAG? LACP? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do or accomplish.

Let's start there and then we can move forward.

I am trying to assign an IP address to all 4 so that traffic to X ip address will go through the Nic that X ip address is assigned to. We plan to use this to deliver iscisi to a vmware citrix farm and want to use a dedicated nic per host.

UdoB

Dabbler
I am trying to assign an IP address to all 4 so that traffic to X ip address will go through the Nic that X ip address is assigned to.

From this statement it ist not clear to me if you have four independent networks with one NIC each. Or if you try to configure all four NICs to connect to one single network. The later is not possible.

Best regards

nojohnny101

Wizard
I believe he has 4 separate network cards and he wants each to have its own IP address (static).

I'm not aware (though I could be wrong because I have never attempted this myself) of a way to do this through the GUI. Have you tried the CLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.