WebGUI not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimMonroe

Cadet
Hi, I'm new to FreeNAS, just installed ver 9.2.0 today. Installation went fine but when I access the FreeNAS machine via the WebGUI I only get the "expand all" and "collapse all" menu items - nothing else. I've done quite a bit of searching and found a few references to this problem but nothing identical to my situation or anything that hints at a solution. I've tried accessing the WebGUI from IE11, Chrome and Firefox and I have the exact same problem in all three browsers. Viewing the source I can see that there is plenty of code supporting what I assume is the standard page GUI, it's just not running as expected.

I've tried resetting the WebGUI login credentials, each time I do that I get the same message that I got when I first tried the WebGUI - "The web admin user has been removed in this release in order to unify the web and Unix authentication mechanisms.
Administrators should log in to the web UI as root, since the web UI already confers superuser privileges in many areas.
For security reasons, you must now set a new root password:"

I assume this is expected behavior but here's what interesting - it appears that when the page is first rendered there is additional menu structure in the upper left but it disappears when the login dialog pops up and after login all I get is the expand all/collapse all structure. Bummer!

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, I don't know. Any help appreciated. TIA.

rm-r

Contributor
have you tried re-installing the USB stick - maybe corrupted / bad

TimMonroe

Cadet
Good question. I considered that possibility too so I re-installed earlier today and I'm still having the same problem. I'm in the middle of installing to an old hard drive I had laying around so see if that makes any difference.

rm-r

Contributor
What hardware is it on?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

TimMonroe

Cadet
Interesting. Re-installed onto hard drive and still had same exact problem. Tried using IE11 instead of Chrome and now it seems to be working...

Status
Not open for further replies.