Web UI HTTPS certificate setup failed Error Msg

jlpellet

Patron
On a new install, I am getting the error message "Web UI HTTPS certificate setup failed." It can be dismissed but remains in the list & can be reopened. ANy ideas on how to resolve the error and to remove it from the alert list? Thanks in advance for any help. (FYI, this has occurred on 3 new installs recently, of 12.0U5.1)
Thanks,
John

firstofth300

Cadet
I just upgraded from 12.0-U5.0 to 12.0-U6.0 and this issue manifests itself there too. Anyone got an idea why this started happening?

Etorix

Wizard
Same issue here with a fresh reinstall of 12-U6.1.
A fix was discussed here for FreeNAS 11.3, but TrueNAS does not appear to have the ability to create certificates from the GUI. What can I do?

Etorix

Wizard
Issue solved by poking around: Go one item up to System>CAs, fill in (possibly bogus…) information to assert the authority to issue self-certificates, back to System>Certificates, create a new self-signed certificate, go to System>General, select the self-certificate and validate. The incomplete certificate can now be deleted and the issue, cleared.
How that can contribute to any actual "security" is a mystery to me… But, hey, one problem at a time!

William Bravin

Contributor
I do not use https, i do not connect remotely why do i need a certificate?