Web UI and VNC sessions timeout?

bmori

Cadet
Im a beginner with this software and just had a few questions im hoping somone can answer :smile:

was wondering if theirs a way to increase the web ui timeout, every time a return to the windows i was working on, after just a few mins i need to log back in.... tried the command below but im thinking thats outdated and no longer works?

also for the vnc sessions, i usually have a few going at the same time and again upon returning to the window i have to reconnect to the vnc session. for some weird reason I also end up getting connected to another one of the VMs when i reconnect?
1687179653478.png

georgelza

Patron
note, if you upgraded from TrueNAS CORE to sCALE you will find the webui files on the SCALE version still under the CORE path...

sed -i 's/auth.generate_token",\[300/auth.generate_token",\[129600/g' /usr/share/truenas/webui/*.js

G

SuperWhisk

Dabbler
When you say "window" do you really mean "tab"? Most browsers these days have a "tab sleep" feature which will shut off inactive tabs to save resources, and re-load them when you switch back to them. TrueNAS SCALE's UI does all of it's communication through a websocket (at least based on what I can see in the browser developer tools) and when that connection is interrupted, it will prompt for login again. Assuming this is hte problem, you can either disable the "tab sleep" feature in your browser, or actually put them in separate windows instead of separate tabs in the same window and that should prevent those pages from sleeping.