Web-GUI username + pswd

Status
Not open for further replies.

towo

Cadet
Hello,

after installing FreeNAS 9.3 I can't login via the Web-GUI. The usernames "root", "Root" or "admin" with my password chosen in the installation don't work.
What is the correct username for the Web-GUI after a new installation?

Thanks,
Tobias

Hamza

Cadet
Normally in the installation process FreeNAS ask for the "root" password, so in the GUI, user name is "root" and you have to put your password to login.
if not I think it's possible to reset the root password with the console setup menu.

towo

Cadet
Hello,

I just changed my root password on the server but the Web access is still not working.
If I use root as username and type in my password I get the following message:
"Your username and password didn't match. Please try again"

Tobias

After changing the root password again to only three characters it is now working.

Hamza

Cadet
maybe because your keyboard is not configured (eventually if you are using an azerty for example) on the FreeNAS setup console, try to go to the shell and try your keyboard ...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
maybe because your keyboard is not configured (eventually if you are using an azerty for example) on the FreeNAS setup console, try to go to the shell and try your keyboard ...
This is a possibility.

In any case, once you're in the GUI, you can edit the password there. Keyboard entry is abstracted away, since you're doing it in the browser, so it should work normally after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.