WARNING: The volume vol01 (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN -- after upgrade to 8.2.0-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlanner

Dabbler
Hi,

I just upgraded one of my FreeNAS 8 systems to 8.2.0-RELEASE. Luckily it's not a mission critical system because after reboot it now gives me a ZFS volume error:

WARNING: The volume vol01 (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN

vol01 has worked fine up until the upgrade to 8.2.0.

My system is running FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (r11944).

I found that someone had had similar problems in another thread and the advice was to upgrade the pool to a newer ZFS version. So, I tried running 'zpool upgrade vol01', but that just returns:

This system is currently running ZFS pool version 15.
cannot open 'vol01': no such pool

... which seems consistent with the warning in the GUI.

I hope someone can shed some light on what is wrong and how I can "re-attach" my volume.

Thanks in advance!

mothy60

Dabbler
ditto

yer I've got the same problem, and they become unregistered on every reboot!

some what annoying,

has anyone got ideas on a fix?

zachf

Cadet
Same exact thing happened to me. Are there any log files besides /var/log/messages I should look in for clue to why my pool is gone?

mothy60

Dabbler
yer that the only thing I've found, kinda need fixing. seem to find the services need to be restarted as well.

o well,

mothy60

Dabbler
fixed

8.2.0-RELEASE-p1 is ben uploaded now apparently so should be fixed :)

mothy60

Dabbler
its downloading for me, poss a mirror issue. may need to wait for its list to refresh... not sure.

mlanner

Dabbler
If I understand the release notes properly, assuming you've already upgraded to 8.2.0-RELEASE, you should be using the .txz version:

"if you are attempting to do a GUI upgrade to 8.2.0-RELEASE from 8.2.0-BETA3|BETA4|RC1 use the .txz version of the GUI_Upgrade file."

That said, I think the FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz is corrupt. I've tried to install it twice now and keep on getting an error message after upload, when the system is trying to apply it. The error messsage I'm getting is:

Error: The firmware is does not meet the pre-install criteria: Command '['bin/install_worker.sh', 'pre-install']' returned a non-zero exit status 1.

(And yes, that's word-for-word, so there's a small grammar issue there too.) :P

mothy60

Dabbler
I'm about to do my upgrade so ill let you know how it goes.

Ive rolled back to 8.0.2 so I'm going to be using .xz if I've read it correctly.

aixakt

Cadet
I'm really shure that I've to take the *.txz file. This is the new file format since 8.2.0 beta 3. I get the same error, if I try to install the p1. If I use the *.xz file the gui says invalid firmware file. Now I tried to rollback to 8.0.4 so that I can install the 8.2.0p1.xz. This also doesn't work because it's a *.tx file too :-(

Are there any more ideas?

mothy60

Dabbler
my 8.2 install had become really slow by this morning even after reboot, so i rolled back to 8.0.4-p3 and that was running very slow as well.

no idea why, so I've backed up the config and I've downloaded a fresh install of 8.2 p1 and I'm starting again. hopefully it will recognised my drives and all be dandy........

mothy60

Dabbler
this seems to have worked quite nicely, just need to tidy up the system and put it all back together.

not a perfect solution, but i guess 8.0.3 to 8.2 is kinda a big jump.

anyone ells having problems?

mothy60

Dabbler
ok, so I've now got my new install working to discover that I'm still having the same problem,

WARNING: The volume vol01 (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN -- after upgrade to 8.2.0-RELEASE

ill reopen the ticket, has has everyone's sorted it?

John Doe

Guru
Error: The firmware is does not meet the pre-install criteria: Command '['bin/install_worker.sh', 'pre-install']' returned a non-zero exit status 1.

I had that. For some reason it thought I was installing a downgrade. I hacked the script that checks that to not care and ran the install manually.

It rebooted into 8.20 p1 ok and the zfs volume thing was fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.