WARNING: The volume temp (UFS) status is UNKNOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskenderian

Contributor
I had 2Gb of ram, i just added 2 GB. and now i get this error

WARNING: The volume temp (UFS) status is UNKNOWN

i have 2x2TB UFS Mirror and just a single UFS drive.

and the single is the one with the problem.

Please help.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It sounds like you have a failing disk.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You could try looking at the smart data for your hard drive and running a long smart test. More than likely that drive is failing and you need to find and replace it. Additionally, you should be backing up any data on that drive before it fails for good.

mskenderian

Contributor
OK something is wrong with my comp. I plugged in a new hard drive and it still doesnt read it. i tried a different cable still nothing. so i have a 2x@TB Mirror i unplugged the sata cable and it degraded it, i plug in the new HD and now it read it. The mirror is plugged into a PCIx Sata Controller. so something is wrong with my mobo. but the bios seems to see the drive. Same thing with my ram. the BIOS sees 4GB ram but FreeNAS only sees 3302MB. maybe a bios upgrade would do.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'd never expect a BIOS upgrade to make a hard drive work when it doesn't.

Considering you have an older machine, my first guess is that your board may not support >2TB drives....

mskenderian

Contributor
the manual says it supports it. and when i plug it in the bios seems to recognize it. but freenass doesnt. imma try a fresh install of freenas. and buy another sata controller. and not use the mobo sata.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
the manual says it supports it. and when i plug it in the bios seems to recognize it. but freenass doesnt. imma try a fresh install of freenas. and buy another sata controller. and not use the mobo sata.

That sounds like its probably the best course of action. Most likely the SATA controller on your motherboard isn't compatible or broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.