// - wants FreeNAS for Windows - ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecCon

Contributor
Yeah, well, I know pretty much nothing about *nix so there it is.

I have pondered a FreeNAS solution on and off during the years, last time I ended up buying an Asustor 606T instead. That was almost four years ago and I am now above a million files and 6TB of needed storage so I figure its time to upgrade. Waiting for a package according to your recommendations with Supermicro, Xeon, Kingston, CoolerMaster and Seasonic.

Also got a Server, Supermicro Opteron 41* with 10 drives and 64GB ddr3 ram and I will get back to plans about that one.

ZFS is very interesting and I have read a bit about it lately and combined with a decent rig and Advanced Format 4kn disks I may yet aspire to get above 100MB/s write speed.

For now I will keep reading and try to post sensible questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Welcome to the forum.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Yeah, well, I know pretty much nothing about *nix so there it is.

I have pondered a FreeNAS solution on and off during the years, last time I ended up buying an Asustor 606T instead. That was almost four years ago and I am now above a million files and 6TB of needed storage so I figure its time to upgrade. Waiting for a package according to your recommendations with Supermicro, Xeon, Kingston, CoolerMaster and Seasonic.

Also got a Server, Supermicro Opteron 41* with 10 drives and 64GB ddr3 ram and I will get back to plans about that one.

ZFS is very interesting and I have read a bit about it lately and combined with a decent rig and Advanced Format 4kn disks I may yet aspire to get above 100MB/s write speed.

For now I will keep reading and try to post sensible questions.
In my signature I have a button called "useful links", if you look in there, you will find useful reading to get you started.
Check it out and welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.