Volume health status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalsa

Cadet
I have two zfs volume one with 2 tb mirroring and another with 500 gb mirroring. I have set this NAS 10 days back with the available harddisks at home and now i started seeing the one of the disk seems to be failing "Offline uncorrectable sectors" on the 500 gb volume on the console.

But when i check the status under storage > Volume it all shows healthy. but interestingly Alert shows the status of my just the 2 TB volume but not the 500 gb volume. not sure why. any idea ?

should i now take actions to replace the failing hard disk ?
why the alert pop is not showing my 500 gb volume ?

see the attached screen shot.

any help pls ?
freenas volume.png

C:\Users\balu_000\Pictures\freenas volume.png

Yatti420

Wizard
Which FreeNAS version? Your using compression I see.. Is ada3 not under ZFS? Definitely get rid of that drive.. Make sure you backup (hope u have backups) & run smartctl on the drive get the exact details / serial and then follow guide to remove the failing drive..

Jalsa

Cadet
FreeNAS-9.2.1-RELEASE-x64 (bd35c86) is the version. ada3 is under zfs by the volume name Dump.

yes not much of data in that so i am not worried and yes i will replace the disk. any idea why the alert prompt is not showing up the status and also i did not get any email about the failing disk. possibly i am missing some settings..?

Status
Not open for further replies.