vm_page_free kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanfx

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a vm_page_free kernel panic whenever I try to read data off of my freenas system. I am running 8.2.0, 64 bit, and have three ST3000DM001 in a RAIDZ configuration. I have 6GB of RAM and have a Q6600 processor with an ASUS P5KC motherboard. There are no custom tunables I have entered (it is a "stock" freenas install, with only the RAIDZ setup.) I have selected force 4096 sectors.

The interesting thing is that it seems to lock up in the same place for every file. For example, one movie I have can consistently get through copying off 5+GB but it always crashes at the same area, while other movies I try to copy off make it consistently kernel panic within a GB of transfer from the beginning. I just did a full memory test this morning and found zero errors. Any ideas? How can I further diagnose this? I have tried removing memory one stick at a time, in different slots for each stick. No memory stick combination gives different results.

http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?9138-Panic-vm_page_free-HELP&p=39346&viewfull=1#post39346 That post makes it look like it somehow might be corrupted data on the disk that's making freenas kernel panic...

pindex(505056), busy(1), VPO_BUSY(0), hold (0)
panic: vm_page_free: freeing busy page
cpuid = 1

Dump failed. Partition too small
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort.

patrickreid

Cadet
I am getting panics as well. Just installed 8.3.0 beta 3 and now I am getting a little better uptime, but still getting frequent crashes. I would love some advice about how to further diagnose.

patrickreid

Cadet
IMG_0466.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the latest

patrickreid

Cadet
memtest ran fine.
I have two onboard NICs

It has crashed probably 5 times since my last post. See attached
Is there a better way to troubleshoot or possible some logs to check?
IMG_0559.jpg IMG_0560.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.