VM - MAC Address Invalid Format.

R1ch3rd

Cadet
Hello,

I could use some help with this issue. I am running TrueNAS Scale and trying to create an Ubuntu VM. When I try to configure the NIC I get the following error:

1650497659196.png

I have tried randomly generating MACs, and rebuilt the VM several times always with the same result.

My Server is based on the Supermicro x8dt3 with dual X5650 and 48 Gig Ram.

I could use some guidance on this, many thanks in advance.

- Rich

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
When I try to create a NIC it auto generates a MAC address. All higher hex digits in lower case. Possibly the check for the field's content is a bit over-zealous? Have you tried going with the auto generated MAC address? Have you tried using lower case?

HTH,
Patrick

R1ch3rd

Cadet
When I try to create a NIC it auto generates a MAC address. All higher hex digits in lower case. Possibly the check for the field's content is a bit over-zealous? Have you tried going with the auto generated MAC address? Have you tried using lower case?

HTH,
Patrick
Thank you for your reply,

I tried to rebuild the VM a couple of times, using the default generated MAC, generating my own, uppercase, and lowercase to no avail. What seemed to work was removing everything associated with the VM and dataset. A reboot and I was now able to successfully create my VM.

I appreciate your input.

- Rich