VLAN Not saving but Accessible until Reboot

danp

Cadet
I have a brand new installed (bare metal) TrueNAS Core running version 13.0-US.3.
The system has a 1Gb network and a 10Gb network interface.
I have setup the management on the 1Gb network (.99.200 address)
The primary 10Gb interface is at 192.168.1.100.

This NAS is going to be used by multiple VM's each in different subnets 172.20.20.1/24 .30.1/24 etc with each in their own VLAN (20, 30, etc).

I am attempting to assign an additional IP 172.20.30.200 to the NAS. When I add the additional IP, it doesn't remain and eventually resets.
Problem is, it remains attached to the interface BUT is not reachable via ping from one fo the VM's on VLAN30.

So, I went the alternate route and attempted to add a VLAN. In the setting I am required to add an IP so I add the 172.20.30.200/32 and hit the "Test".
Things spin and eventually I end up back at the Network -> Interfaces.

Here is where the issue is. The VM Now is able to ping and run iperf3 to the new 172.20.30.200 IP. BUT, the VLAN is NOT listed within the Interfaces list. Additionally, the added IP is no longer shown attached to the interface.

Everything is actually working. Problem is, if I Reboot the NAS, then since none of the network changes "saved" all connectivity from the VM to the NAS is now broke again.

I'm not sure if this is a Bug or something else.
Any help or insight to this problem would be appreciated.

danp

Cadet
Following up with some pictures to show the Save / Reboot / Loss of config:

First I add the IP to the Interface and go through the "Test" and all good:
Snip20230824_15.png

Then I add the VLAN -- This pic is DURING the "Test" -- you can see the spinner. It is interesting that the IP Addresses for the the existing interfaces get removed when I add the VLAN and am running the Test.

Snip20230824_16.png

And then After the "Test" -- the VLAN is gone from the Interfaces List, but the Network Summary has enough of the data that network connectivyt is working from the VM's.
Snip20230824_17.png

Then, I Reboot the Server and I am back to square one.

Snip20230824_18.png

At this point, i'm not sure what can be done. This is a brand new installation so should not be having these issues. Is there some "magic" that needs to be done so that network configuratios will persist across Reboots?