Virtual machine has no internet connection

elizzit

Dabbler
Hi! Today I'm trying to set up a virtual machine with ubuntu server 22.04. During the installation process I wait 'till an ip like 192.168.0.*** shows up and then i continue. I've also checked if my router was finding it and, during the installation, it do it. When it end the installation process and i can use the os i try to use the command "hostname -I" that should throw me the ipv4 address of my machine but it just output nothing and when i check on the settings of my router I can't find the device any more. What should i do?

1. CORE or SCALE, and version?
2. Are you using the VirtIO Adapter?
3. Post a screen cap of VM NIC settings

elizzit

Dabbler
1. CORE or SCALE, and version?
CORE, the name of the iso file is: TrueNAS-13.0-U1.iso
2. Are you using the VirtIO Adapter?
Yes
3. Post a screen cap of VM NIC settings
I don't know what are you talking about so I take a few screen shot. I hope at least one of them is right

truenas_01.png

truenas_02.png
truenas_03.png

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Your VNC device and NIC share the same order. bhyve, the TrueNAS hypervisor is picky about such things. Try renumbering your VNC device to order 1003. Also make sure your NIC is set to VirtIO and not E1000 mode, by click on the 3 dots on the right next to the device order.

elizzit

Dabbler
Once you asked me if I was using VirtIO I thought that this was the problem so I tryed to use AHCI and it worked fine. Thank you so much

elizzit

Dabbler
Now I've made an update to my workstation from TrueNAS CORE to SCALE and I can't connect to internet anymore. I've tryed what you told me about the NIC but it isn't working. What should I do?