vaultwarden & traefik - is it possible to get TLS/SSL working with local certificates?

DavidYLau

Dabbler
Hi, I would like to try out vaultwarden. I have installed traefik and vaultwarden. I can access the vaultwarden web-gui at port 10102 but only with http.

I have no intention on exposing vaultwarden to the public internet. For that reason, I'm trying to get TLS/SSL working for the vaultwarden web-gui but with a internally generated certificate. I'm a newbie to both traefik and vaultwarden so I'm not sure where to apply the SSL certificate.

I see that the vaultwarden app web-gui has a "Configure TLS-Settings" section. But when I input the SSL certificate there, I get various errors from the browsers: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, sent a response that was too long, etc..

I'm guessing the certificate has to be input somewhere into traefik, but I don't see an obvious place in the traefik app web-gui.

Any help appreciated...

danb35

Hall of Famer
I assume you're using SCALE? And these apps come from Truecharts? If so, what you're looking for is "Ingress", and the Truecharts docs discuss how to set it up. See, e.g.:

DavidYLau

Dabbler
I assume you're using SCALE? And these apps come from Truecharts? If so, what you're looking for is "Ingress", and the Truecharts docs discuss how to set it up. See, e.g.:
Thanks for the help.
Yes, I'm using SCALE and using the Truecharts apps.

I finally got vaultwarden working. I was already doing the steps/changes that were mentioned in the video that you pointed at.

It took me a couple of days to figure out that TLS/SSL was already working correctly for me using my internally generated certificate.

What wasn't working was that the traefik router wasn't given enough information for the incoming rule. I had to add the first "Configure Paths" item under "Ingress-Configure Hosts" and leave it as the default "/".