uTorrent implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
EDIT: Delete this thread pls, i'm idiot :(

uTorrent is aviable for Linux systems!

Yes, still in Alpha and no support for x64 systems yet, but i think it is time to replace that dummy Transmission via uTorrent in following version of FreeNAS

Download link - HERE

What do you think?

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Aaah, sorry, my fault, i mess things up. Not good idea to posting a few mins after i woke up :D

jgreco

Resident Grinch
In all fairness, FreeBSD can be made to run most Linux binaries, though I expect it'd be a pain to get NanoBSD to do so. Years back when I was doing custom floppy-boot-based FreeBSD systems like XKERNEL (predecessor to PicoBSD, inspiration for NanoBSD), it turned out to be fairly complicated to do all the configuration necessary to support stuff like that even though FreeBSD "supported" it; you end up needing a whole other bunch of stuff and it really bloated up the whole thing and added lots of complexity and fail points.

Which reminds me, I really need to go fix up our BT server one of these days. Soon to have access to our fun new FreeNAS storage pools, fun fun and thanks for all the bytes.

rjgould

Dabbler
Transmission is better suited to FreeNAS than uTorrent and in my experience performs much better. uTorrent is great if you're using windows but this isn't windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.