Using the FTP Service

cre8toruk

Dabbler
Hi all,
I have a CCTV camera which I was using with a windows based ftp server until recently when I upgraded my PC.
I figured it would be a good idea to move that service on to my newly upgraded TrueNas which I use to store all of my media based content (photo's video's etc).

I've enabled the service and I've pointed the FTP server at /mnt/VOLUME1/OTHER/camera1. I can successfully get images uploaded from my camera to the folder but I'm not able to view any of the images on my windows PC as it says I don't have permission. I also can't copy any of images from the folder to my PC to view them. Can anyone advise what else I need to do to enable this or is it just not possible ?

Kind regards,

Paul.

djb

Explorer
Hello Paul, i would check the following:

since you manage to config the camera to FTP into this location, you can use FTP Client to access this location yourself with the same credentials.
so access this folder with an FTP client like mozilla ftp client or winscp, with the account of camera (which is already working).

OR, create also SMB share pointing on the /mnt/VOLUME1/OTHER
check the ACL permissions on the dataset for your account (e.g paul) to have read permissions. (at least). Click apply recursively if you have existing data and want to apply this permissions.
If you have correctly done everything, you should be able to access the same location through SMB. \\192.168.x.xxx\ShareName

Good luck and check online documentation also , is very good (sometimes)