usb disk died. need help in restoring ZFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgen

Cadet
Hello

my USB disk died. Unfortunately i lost the backup config file.

I was able to restore the ZFS pool with the import -f commands. Now I see it the Pool. I do not how to get the volumes. I even see the snapshots in the GUI. i am now using 8.04.

please help.

thanks

peterh

Patron
are the volumes visible in the gui ? If so, it should suffice creating "shares" with proper rights.

If the volumes are not visible in the gui i'm afraid i don't have much help.

rgen

Cadet
No they aren't in the GUI. Thanks for your help

Does anybody know? Thanks

rgen

Cadet
it seems ZFS did not mount the file system. it keeps saying failed to create mount point. does it matter i was using 8.02 before.. ?

ProtoSD

MVP
Have you tried using Auto Import from the GUI?

Unless there's some unusual problem with your disks, that should fix your problem.

rgen

Cadet
Have you tried using Auto Import from the GUI?

Unless there's some unusual problem with your disks, that should fix your problem.

when do that. I get an error.. (middlewareerror:The Volume Main failed to Import, for further details check pool status)

ProtoSD

MVP
when do that. I get an error.. (middlewareerror:The Volume Main failed to Import, for further details check pool status)

Hmmmm, why does it seem that there's always more *unusual* problems! ;)

It that case, I would mount it from the command line like you did, then do a scrub "zpool scrub Main". After that finishes, try Auto Import from the GUI again.

rgen

Cadet
Hmmmm, why does it seem that there's always more *unusual* problems! ;)

It that case, I would mount it from the command line like you did, then do a scrub "zpool scrub Main". After that finishes, try Auto Import from the GUI again.

thanks for helping..

~# zpool import -f Main
cannot mount '/Main': failed to create mountpoint
cannot mount '/Main/ESX': failed to create mountpoint
cannot mount '/Main/Movies': failed to create mount point

anyhow.. it is scrubbing now. will check tomorrow. will take 6 hours..

rgen

Cadet
i can now add via auto volume.. no errors added but when i tried to add the shares. it only shows /mnt. when i went to change permission. it gave me an error. should i scrub it again?

Main /mnt/Main None (Error) Error getting available space Error getting total space HEALTHY

Main /mnt/Main/ESX None (Error) Error getting available space Error getting total space HEALTHY

Main /mnt/Main/Movies None (Error) Error getting available space Error getting total space HEALTHY

Main /mnt/Main/PCBackup None (Error) Error getting available space Error getting total space HEALTH

rgen

Cadet
one thing i forgot to add. i do have another pool on there. it is currently scrubbing. is this the reason i cannot see more the /mnt when i try to add the share. thanks again for your assistance.

rgen

Cadet
thank you Peterh and Protosd. After I scrubbed the other pool and rebooted a few times. I can see everything now. Man. I could not sleep for a few days. thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.