Upnp in FreeNAS 8.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

baglio

Dabbler
Hello Guys!
It's been a month I'm playing around with FreeNAS, and I'm very satisfied!

I was wondering if there's any way to implement the UPNP functionality. It will be very useful stream my content in the whole house, plus, I just got a new smart TV with UPNP capabilities.

Thanks.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
There is the MULTIMEDIA version in sourceforge, however this does not come with a GUI, you have to manually dig the configurations using CLI

baglio

Dabbler
Thanks for the answer!!! XD
Oh God, it sounds scarry!!!

Is there any guide to do that?
thanks again!

baglio

Dabbler
You can always look at FreeNAS 7, it's got a media streamer.

Thank you!
Yes I've already did it. But I have some problem with APF sharing. In fact, every times I tried to connect to my NAS finder returns me: connection fail, or, there's some problem with the server connection, check your permission and bla bla bla...

I set an Admin user, and it had all the possible acces but finder keep gave me these messages.
Plus, though I have enabled the Upnp service, no one of my Upnp compatible devices saw the media server...

So I decided to return to freeNAS 8, looking for some Upnp plugins... :(

heinduplessis

Dabbler
Thank you!
Yes I've already did it. But I have some problem with APF sharing. In fact, every times I tried to connect to my NAS finder returns me: connection fail, or, there's some problem with the server connection, check your permission and bla bla bla...

I set an Admin user, and it had all the possible acces but finder keep gave me these messages.
Plus, though I have enabled the Upnp service, no one of my Upnp compatible devices saw the media server...

So I decided to return to freeNAS 8, looking for some Upnp plugins... :(

Ditto here, mate! My Samsung TV refuses to play nice with FN7's Fuppes. I installed FN8 expecting to have everything I had with FN7, but I was mistaken!

Searching for FreeNAS always returns references to old / recycled hardware. FreeNAS 8 seems to be aimed at a more enterprise / commercial level.

It's an entirely different piece of software. I hope they continue with FN7 development!

Another post explaining: http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?4748-Does-8-0-2-support-UPNP

Sounds like it's coming to the GUI eventually!

lrusak

Explorer
miniDLNA is what you're after

baglio

Dabbler
miniDLNA is what you're after

Is possible to implement this as a kind of "plugin" in freeNAS?

Ditto here, mate! My Samsung TV refuses to play nice with FN7's Fuppes. I installed FN8 expecting to have everything I had with FN7, but I was mistaken!

Searching for FreeNAS always returns references to old / recycled hardware. FreeNAS 8 seems to be aimed at a more enterprise / commercial level.

It's an entirely different piece of software. I hope they continue with FN7 development!

Another post explaining: http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?4748-Does-8-0-2-support-UPNP

Sounds like it's coming to the GUI eventually!

Yes, My Samsung TV also refuse to read the fuppes server.
It sees it, but when you try to browser it, it crashes!

It's kind of strange cause my Playstation 3 has no problem reading it... : (

Status
Not open for further replies.