Upgrading to 12.0 U3 generates a lot of SMBD and NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

andrema2

Explorer
Hi andrema2

just in case you couldn't solve the issue, I found a solution.
First make a backup of your actual configuration and save it.
Download the TrueNas installation file for a new install.
Create a bootable Boot device an choose New install in existing Boot environment.
After the installing process boot in the fresh install and upload your saved backup config.

After the final reboot it works as it expected. No issues everything works well as it was before.
Cheers,

Sven
Thanks I'll try that later today

andrema2

Explorer
It did solve the issue. I had to reenter the password for all my accounts after returning the config. Maybe this is an indication of the original problem

smoeschter

Explorer
It did solve the issue. I had to reenter the password for all my accounts after returning the config. Maybe this is an indication of the original problem
Well, at least you got it working. Glad to hear that you solved it now.

ig12

Cadet
I just upgraded to 12 U3.1 and had the same /similar issue.

when I checked after the upgrade none of my shares where active:

# smbclient -L ip
Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (FreeNAS Server)

When I disabled and enabled the shares they became active. But I still can't login.
in /var/log/samba4/auth_audit.log I get:

{"timestamp": "2021-05-13T21:37:55.738302+0200", "type": "Authentication", "Authentication": {"version": {"major": 1, "minor": 2}, "eventId": 4625, "logonId": "0", "logonType": 3, "status": "NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER", "localAddress": "ipv4:ip:445", "remoteAddress": "ipv4:ip:56856", "serviceDescription": "SMB2", "authDescription": null, "clientDomain": "WORKGROUP", "clientAccount": "ig", "workstation": "x", "becameAccount": null, "becameDomain": null, "becameSid": null, "mappedAccount": "ig", "mappedDomain": "GALAXY", "netlogonComputer": null, "netlogonTrustAccount": null, "netlogonNegotiateFlags": "0x00000000", "netlogonSecureChannelType": 0, "netlogonTrustAccountSid": null, "passwordType": "NTLMv2", "duration": 1720}}

As I found these posts I created a Debug file.
But then I rolled back. It would be annoying to reinstall the system ... :-/