upgrade to 11.1-U7

jr18

Cadet
After upgrade - web GUI no longer works. ssh no longer works. Samba no longer works
Rolling back to previous grub - import volume fails

Stuck!

reboot: I can see volume and files from shell, just cant access via www, ssh, samba

please help

Thanks John

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
After upgrade - web GUI no longer works. ssh no longer works. Samba no longer works
Rolling back to previous grub - import volume fails

Stuck!

reboot: I can see volume and files from shell, just can't access via www, ssh, samba

please help

Thanks John
What version of FreeNAS were you upgrading from? Did you save your configuration file before upgrading? Does the IP address displayed on the console match what you had configured on your previous FreeNAS installation?

Please post your system information as described in the "Posting To Get A Response" section of the forum rules:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/updated-forum-rules-12-5-18.45124/

jr18

Cadet
Upgrading from 11.1-U6 to 11.1-U7.
Unfortunately I blindly accepted the upgrade assuming the release had been through its own QA process.
:( Now have no web ssh samba.
Yes I have the same IP as before the upgrade. Can ping the IP but none of the other services are repsonsive

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Upgrading from 11.1-U6 to 11.1-U7.
Unfortunately I blindly accepted the upgrade assuming the release had been through its own QA process.
:( Now have no web ssh samba.
Yes I have the same IP as before the upgrade. Can ping the IP but none of the other services are repsonsive
Please post your system information as described in the "Posting To Get A Response" section of the forum rules:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/updated-forum-rules-12-5-18.45124/

dknm

Dabbler
Just adding a data point.

Went from 11.1-u6 to u7 - update initially hanged at
Code:
trying to mount root from zfs:freenas-boot/ROOT/11.1-U7 [...]
Error: no such table: services_asigra
followed by a cascade of python debug

It rebooted on its own and the smb/ui worked fine.
However, all iocage jails lost their networking. added the 2 tunables discussed here (my real nic was igb1). Restarted and all works well for now.